Children's Day Thoughts ~ 42bookz.com

Friday, November 12, 2010

Children's Day Thoughts

I don’t know how to start this post. Really.
I mean where do I begin and how do I end?
And what do I write in between?
There’s so much to talk and write about when it comes to kids.Before that My hearty Wishes to all children ....A very very Happy and fun filled Children's day..
On this day most schools have a morning assembly where lots of programs & lots of speeches on children’s rights, well being,… etc. are delivered..Politicians also make many false promises to the coming generaions..
Why do I feel that the kids are maturing at a much faster rate than what it used to be? Why do I get a feeling when I talk to kids of today that they loss their innate beauty and innocence ?
Today I find it quite common that parents provide for their child each and every thing that was a luxury hard earned for them in their childhood days. In my days, we had to do something special or do something extra to earn a gift / toy / book. Today most kids just have to ask!! And now I find parents with unique problems too. Their kids just do not want to play out with their friends. Physical activities are on the down slide. It’s a virtual age and virtual world of gaming is what is more fascinating. And thanks to parents the kids today have the best of electronic gadgets to flaunt. There is absolutely no regard for money.
There is competition on every front. Today even a 3 year old is expected to undergo a rigorous interview for admission to a good nursery.What happened to our children?Children are talking like adults.They are so used to with cell phones, SMS, and other countless electronic gadgets..I am not so sure whether it is good for our kids.
They lost in touch with the physical world.They are loosing their most beautiful phases of their life in these competition filled,virtual world.They want to be the 'best' in everthing and not good.
How things have changed today! And who is to be blamed?
All of us have trapped in a world full of electronic gadgets,machines,and what else not...

I genuinely hope with a collective and conscious effort we can bring back smile on their little face ...Let them just be..

No comments:

Post a Comment

GUE4R5DMFQJM