Death of Physical Books? ~ 42bookz.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

Death of Physical Books?

I wanted to write about this topic for long.The very first question came into my mind while I think about this is, Will eBook replace paper book?
Do not be panic..I am not going to take a poll.Because so much we have read and heard about both type of books and their advantage and disadvantage..I just want to share my opinion about this topic..
As the internet and computing begins to consume more of our time, we start turning to purely electronic sources for our reading and news.When was the last time you picked up a book from a bookstore?
And then there is the smell. The wonderful, dusty, invigorating smell of a book, yellowing with age.
Well, all that is set to change, in fact has already started changing. In the past few months, we’ve been introduced to Kindle2, Nook, iPad, and so many impressive gadgets, and have woken up to a reality that e-books aren’t that bad after all, if you have such nice gadgets to read them on.
Though I miss physical books so much I support digital books also..Both have their advantage and disadvantage.But I can tell you that I get a strange pleasure in visiting a libray once or twice in a month, finding books of my favourite author or long wish-list books in neatly arranged shelf and wandering around the cool corners of library in search of some books..And also that pin drop silence.I like to lose myself in the world of books..

No comments:

Post a Comment

GUE4R5DMFQJM